- Bunnies (if you count Peregrin, or more like if Peregrin includes us!)
- hours (half that if you run, according to last year’s winners. Gulp)
- individual fundraising activities planned (mmmm, bake sale)
- weeks to go (that’s £375 a week needed to hit target)
- corporate sponsorships needed (get your name on our tshirts for £50!)
- more than 20 miles to cover (that’s a marathon!)
- hundred pounds raised so far (help!)
- th September (not long now)
- activities to conquer (hiking, biking and canoeing)
- thousand pounds per office target (we only need 3k to enter, but we want to raise more!)
- day to do it all in
- chance of backing out now
So I think you’ve got the idea that we will be taking part in the CARE New Media Adventure Challenge (www.carechallenge.org.uk/newmediachallenge) and are REALLY hoping for some lovely generous donations to make this grueling task worth our while!
We’re doing it because we think CARE international are a fantastic cause. They don’t just throw money at world’s poorest countries, they support them to help themselves to reduce long term dependency as well as supporting them in times of crisis if things go wrong. Check out their website www.careinternational.org.uk to see all the good work they do.
So, do you know these intrepid adventurers? Have they wronged you in such a way you would pay to see them suffer? Maybe they have done a great job for you in the past and you want to show support? Maybe you have no idea who they are but think they are a bloody good bunch of chaps for taking this on!
Northern team: Sarah Ronald, Rhys Nealon, Kevin White, Neil Collman
Southern team: Nick Antram, Thom Blake, Poppy James, Aaron Young, Josie Downey, Eleanor Holmes
“It’s just a little bit of pain compared to what some people have to suffer every day and have no choice in the matter” – Eleanor Holmes
“£2 is all you have to give. That’s nothing to us, but think about what a massive difference it could make to a child in poverty” – Josie Downey
“ Excellent cause, tough challenge, absolute lunatics… please put a tenner in the lunatics hat* (*justgiving page) if you haven’t got a tenner, £2 will certanily do, if you havent got £2 then this cause will probably help you” – Poppy James
“What? When did I agree to do this? What do you mean I can’t back out now?!” – Thom Blake