A contract front end developer is required for a fantastic opportunity to work for a high profile client, on an ambitious and worthwhile project
Working alongside a team of UX professionals at Bunnyfoot, you will be embedded in the project team and will be leading the front end development stage for a local government website project. You will be supplied with interactive wireframes and visual concepts, but your opinion of the design will be considered, and you may be required to supplement the visual concepts with some in-browser design.
We’re looking for someone highly experienced in front end development, who is adept at time-management, with a pragmatic approach to their work. This project will be fairly intensive and very rewarding.
You will be responsible for delivering the following:
- Cross-browser tested, semantic, responsive and accessible markup that meets W3C standards and WCAG2 AA compliance
- Pattern library and style guide
- Print stylesheets
- Content for the relevant sections of the Global Experience Language (GEL) document
- Proficient in creation of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git / Mercurial / SVN etc.
- Ability to use image authoring tools, such as Photoshop
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them
- A fundamental appreciation for User Centred Design
- Familiarity with GDS design guidelines
- Knowledge of integrating HTML templates into a backend CMS
- An awareness of the Adobe Digital Enterprise Platform
As part of the team on this fast-paced project we’re ideally looking for somebody who can work from both Bunnyfoot’s and the client’s Sheffield offices.
A firm start date is TBC, but your availability will be required from early November for approximately three months. A mutually agreeable contract will be drawn up for the successful candidate.
To apply please send your CV/portfolio, your day rate and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.